Real Estate in Mauritius
Mauritius is known for its beautiful white sand beaches, crystalline turquoise lagoons, wonderful tropical climate and warm hospitality of its inhabitants.
Mauritius is also the luxury: private luxury villas, golf course of international standard, world-renowned luxury hotels and the list goes on.
But Mauritius is above all a very advantageous taxation:
- Only one tax bracket capped at 15%
- No property tax
- No housing tax
- No inheritance tax
- No taxes on the capital gain
- No taxes on dividends
- Free repatriation of profits, dividends and capitals
- Non-double taxation treaty with 44 countries, including France
- The acquisition of real estate in a project accessible to foreigners is done in Sale in the Future State of Completion (VEFA or sale on plans). The VEFA, which allows an installment payment method, is governed by the French Civil Code and must be validated by an agreement
- Each promoter must be provided with a Financial Guarantee of Completion (GFA) with major banking institutions. The GFA gives the buyer the assurance of the good delivery of his property